Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We believe that a brand’s greatest asset is a loyal consumer and have aligned our work to deliver moments of value at every stage of the consumer journey, creating enriched experiences that attract audiences, create emotion, and establish meaningful relationships that evolve our clients’ brands.
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director: Copy with storytelling in their DNA. If your brain sits between a CD and a Creative Strategist - this role is for you. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and passionate about building digitally-led consumer experiences including promotions, loyalty programs and gamification for iconic brands. This proven creative will roll up their sleeves in the ideation and development of market-leading experiences, while partnering across account, strategy & insights, legal, program management and in-house developers to ensure sound campaigns and ultimate success. Reports to Group Creative Director in the Promotions & Loyalty Solutions team at Merkle.
- Produce promotional and loyalty creative work for client brands rooted in immerging technology and gamification fundamentals.
- Provide direction from creative ideation through delivery of client projects, including UX, design, and copy.
- Ability to work across multiple brands and client segments - B2B, B2B2C, and B2B
- Develop powerful and valuable connections between client’s goals, strategy, and creative work to drive KPIs, while being capable of going beyond what clients and partners can imagine.
- Collaborate with internal strategy, research, and data, account management, creative, and production resources to ensure timely creative delivery excellence and effectiveness.
- Understanding of immerging digital media, social and technology platforms, with the ability to apply to promotional, loyalty, and engagement strategies and outcomes for our clients.
- Foster a culture of trust, collaboration, and communication.
- Partner with Business leads to foster outstanding client relationships through creative and conceptual thought leadership.
- Mentors others on the Creative team.
- Play an active role in new business pitches.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Copywriting, Graphic Design, or related field/equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of hands-on experience in a creative leadership position at an advertising/digital agency or innovative brand
- Creative Direction experience with a thorough understanding of developing consumer engagement across digital platforms
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong partnerships with cross-functional disciplines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, unstoppable passion and drive; respectful and resourceful approach
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt