Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Software Engineers at Merkle will use their exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail to develop complex web-based projects and performant APIs. They are inquisitive by nature and enjoy working with various programming languages across multiple platforms and microservices where they employ their knowledge of writing high quality, maintainable, and scalable software. A Software Engineer at Merkle knows that data is paramount to measuring a program’s success and uses their knowledge of secure data handling as well as CCPA and GDPR regulations to develop custom reports for our clients. They use their deep knowledge of software development best practices to mentor more junior developers on the team as well as architect complex programs. Software Engineers work within a mixed-discipline team to collaborate on delivering projects that meet our clients’ needs while ensuring that the end user experience is performant, intuitive, and free of issues in an agile environment.
Description & Responsibilities:
· Collaborate with other software engineers, front-end developers, quality assurance specialists, designers, and project managers to architect and deliver quality and maintainable software that meets the client’s objectives
· Implement enhancements to core platforms and microservices
· Scope projects and breaking down requirements into manageable tasks
· Write technical specifications, training materials, and documentation for core platforms and client programs
· Develop best practices and technology efficiencies to streamline workflow
· Work alongside client tech partners and 3rd party vendors to align on business requirements
· 1-3+ years of experience.
· BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
· 1+ years of experience developing and working on Node.js based projects preferred
· Experience debugging and troubleshooting web-based projects
· Experience writing automated tests
· Experience designing and documenting APIs
· Experience mentoring team members
· Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
· May have full-stack development experience
· May have experience with Linux systems administration
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work