Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
- Lead analytics and measurement efforts for strategic accounts using the LXM approach – e.g., Existing and new promising accounts.
- Proactively identify and define data and learning opportunities that solve or support client objectives and create visibility to performance and the levers that drive it.
- Participate in client team scoping and road-mapping to ensure analytics needs are properly planned and are visible to and supported by the client and delivery teams.
- Develop measurement plans and strategies to provide program insights, address learning objectives and improve program effectiveness.
- Develop blueprints, learning roadmaps, work proposals, and data strategy presentations that outline solutions that measure against the client’s objectives and provide insights that reveal or empower opportunities for improving performance.
- Provide thought leadership and act as the subject matter expert in the deployment of data-driven solutions, measurement, and analytics – be familiar with multiple approaches and recommend the one that best drives to the client need.
- Oversee the full analytics lifecycle from problem identification, solutioning, requirements development, solution creation and results delivery.
- Write and/or review briefs to external resources that define and specify requirements for more in-depth analytics projects (exploratory, descriptive, and predictive analytics, ML, AI) and lead/oversee the delivery of solutions from the results.
- Complete the work with a cogent presentation of findings with actionable recommendations.
- Where needed, apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze experiments and predict user behavior and behavioral drivers for accuracy and client alignment.
- 4+ years’ experience in data science or analytics roles delivering campaign and audience measurement, data-driven insights, predictive modeling, and recommendations to internal or external clients.
- Ability to articulate analytics expertise through the work of others – by leading technical resources to perform the analyses and leading the client team through recommending, championing, and briefing those analyses.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and storytelling with data skills. Be able to deliver clear value while simplifying the complexity for business audience and partnering with other disciplines to deliver recommendations.
- Familiarity and some experience using predictive modeling approaches, including machine learning, AI, clustering, regression, ensemble modeling, and decision trees.
- Ability to query, manipulate, extract, and analyze structured data from large data repositories to generate actionable insights that deliver business results
- Familiarity with experimental design and offer testing methodology
- Experience with cloud-based big data platforms – e.g., Redshift, Big Query, Teradata.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s (preferred) in a quantitative field (STEM or quantitative social sciences) and/or MBA with strong quant background.
- Strong organizational skills – task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification/mitigation
- Strong business skills – understand and identify key business levers and tailor recommendations that tap them.
- Knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem and fluency with common web technologies is strongly preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and prioritization skills
- Experience with Power BI or other front-end visualization tool is a plus
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt