Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices.
For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Senior Software Engineers at Merkle will use their exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail to develop complex web-based projects and performant APIs. They are inquisitive by nature and enjoy working with various programming languages across multiple platforms and microservices where they employ their knowledge of writing high quality, maintainable, and scalable software. A Senior Software Engineer at Merkle knows that data is paramount to measuring a program’s success and uses their knowledge of secure data handling as well as CCPA and GDPR regulations to develop custom reports for our clients. They use their deep knowledge of software development best practices to mentor more junior developers on the team as well as architect complex programs. Senior Software Engineers work within a mixed-discipline team to collaborate on delivering projects that meet our clients’ needs while ensuring that the end user experience is performant, intuitive, and free of issues in an agile environment.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other software engineers, front-end developers, quality assurance specialists, designers, and project managers to architect and deliver quality and maintainable software that meets the client’s objectives
- Implement enhancements to core platforms and microservices
- Scope projects and breaking down requirements into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, training materials, and documentation for core platforms and client programs
- Develop best practices and technology efficiencies to streamline workflow
- Work alongside client tech partners and 3rd party vendors to align on business requirements
- 5+ years of experience.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience developing and working on Node.js based projects
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting web-based projects
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience designing and documenting APIs
- Experience mentoring team members
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have full-stack development experience
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt