Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle P&LS Software Engineers design, code, test, document, and support the technologies that drive our business. Our developers are responsible for owning and delivering on all aspects of our technology projects. Exceptional critical analysis skills, a talent for understanding big picture concepts and ability to work both with teams as well as independently are requirements.
- Solve global Merkle P&LS problems through the careful application of technology and process.
- Write high quality, tested, high-capacity, and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable, reusable systems
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, runtime instructions, training materials, and architecture documentation for Merkle P&LS systems
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Collaborate with all HelloWorld teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of professional programming experience
- Proficient developing solutions in Java and SQL (PostgresSQL)
- Experience creating automated tests
- General web-related technology awareness of TPC/IP, SSL, XML, HTML, CSS, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have experience with C++, Python, PHP or Perl
- May have experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.