Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Enterprise Sales Lead is responsible for originating and responding to and leading efforts to close sales leads that support the Merkle team. This individual will be a highly motivated, quick learner, self-starter able to lead sales efforts that are not only focused on the capabilities in which they serve but also able to cross sell within and between capabilities within the company. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
- Drive business growth for Merkle Promotion & Loyalty Solutions with new accounts in several ways:
- Originating and responding to new logo opportunities and owning sales pursuit efforts for RFPs
- Working with the Sales Growth Officer and Vertical Leaders to partner in closing new logo within the Promotion & Loyalty Service Line.
- The qualification, upsell and cross-sell within and across our core capabilities
- Leading renewal efforts if/when the opportunity needs extra sales expertise
- Prospecting net new clients and Meet sales quota goals
- Successfully supporting the sales cycle and Client Partners and Consultants architecting Merkle’s solutions during the sales phase of a deal
- Architecting and setting up complex projects usually involving multiple Merkle solutions
- Analyzes customer business goals, objectives, needs, process and existing infrastructure
- Applies business outcome-based sales principles and demonstrates relevant and transferable company experience in developing sales strategy, opportunity briefs and sales plans to drive new logo and client solution
- Ensure availability of suitable collaterals for the offerings
- Work closely with the verticals and operating groups to define and extend the core offerings
- Understands the prospect and client decision making process and organizational map
- Establishes trusted relationships with CMOs and other client executives to originate new opportunities in new logo and existing accounts support new and existing accounts to position our capabilities
- Develops and maintains an accurate, high quality pipeline that is aligned to our company’s sales process
- 10+ years consultative sales experience
- Experience with Closing large, complex sales deals (origination experience a plus)
- Knowledge and understanding of loyalty, digital marketing and agency marketplace
- Knowledge and an understanding of the marketing technology and loyalty marketplace
- Experience architecting complex solutions for large corporations
- Ability to propose solid solutions to meet customer requirements
- Must have solid knowledge in Marketing Technology, Data & Analytics and Digital Agency
- Must have deep technical experience in integration of multiple solutions and the ability to determine scope, duration, resources required prior to beginning a project
- Experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods, Financial Services, Insurance, Travel, Media, Entertainment, High Tech or Retail will be an added advantage
- Strong ability and desire to prospect
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Must have a history of quota attainment
- Deep general business knowledge and acumen
- Innovative and creative
- Viewed as a thought leader in sales and well connected/networked
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Strong collaboration capabilities are critical to this role
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt