Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Product Manager supports the evolution of Promotion & Loyalty solutions at Merkle by acting as the liaison between the business and technology development teams. They identify and interpret technical and business needs, document requirements, and guide the development of core platform features.
As a member of the Product and Partnerships team, the Product Manager works closely with Architecture and Engineering, Client Services, and other stakeholders to drive evolutionary changes to our product offerings which enable internal teams and customers to create, deploy, and operate promotions, digital marketing campaigns, and loyalty programs.
Description & Responsibilities:
· Interface with business and technology stakeholders to understand and thoroughly document feature requirements and use cases
· Support development of new features as well as maintenance and upgrades to existing features
· Collaborate with the Engineering team for development estimation and planning; attend sprint planning and participate in other team meetings (stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.); create and route user story tickets; address questions and clarify requirements during development
· Conduct Stakeholder Feedback and User Acceptance Testing sessions on new features to ensure new functionality is as expected
· Develop and maintain feature documentation and user training materials
· Assist in developing design considerations, cost analyses and execution timelines
· Manage stakeholder feedback loop, identify gaps in existing platform features, prioritize solutions, develop feature requirements, and contribute to holistic, prioritized roadmap
· Provide feature status reports to leadership and stakeholders
· Draft and distribute feature release notes and contribute to client-facing support documentation
· Conduct training sessions for a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical)
· This role does not have direct reports
· At least 5 years of technical product management, product development, or technical professional services experience
· Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and product management processes
· A track record of successfully working with other product and business organizations, architecture, development, and QA to deliver high quality products
· Familiarity and experience working with technical teams in an Agile development environment
· Excellent strategic thinking, prioritization, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
· Ability to work with diverse group of professionals in close cooperation; meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification/mitigation skills
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – for working with technical and business stakeholders; ability to provide individual and group-based training
· Aptitude to make recommendations and decisions independently
· Ability to connect and explain business and technical requirements to non-technical team members
· Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to look at new, different ways to use our existing technology and process, as well as how to leverage new features and tools.
· Familiarity with the digital marketing and loyalty ecosystem and fluency with common web technologies
· Initiative to investigate emerging technologies and develop a point of view on how they can be leveraged to support existing and new solutions
· Expertise in working with the Atlassian suite
· Bachelor's Degree
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.