Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle Account Managers work proactively and collaboratively with all divisions of the company to provide our clients with long-term strategic value and customer service. As a day-to-day partner with Merkle sales professionals (VP, Business Development and Account Director), Account Managers ensure high-quality and flawless client preparation and presentations, research and promotion solutions that drive results for clients and revenue for Merkle. The Account Manager may also have responsibility for stimulating new business through probing, investigative and consultative outbound calling and e-mailing to a pre-defined group of prospects and clients to determine their current or future needs for interactive promotions.
Description & Responsibilities:
- May serve as the designated Merkle client contact
- Actively participates in client presentations
- Supports Merkle sales professionals in revenue generating activities: prospecting, client research, promotion ideation, scoping, documentation (i.e. contracts), invoicing, etc.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Merkle products and solutions, internal scoping, and production processes
- Builds brand expertise, creates and maintains best practices for named clients
- Pre and post-sale research and presentation generation
- Promotion reporting and analysis with supporting team members, i.e. Business Development, Strategic Services, Project Management
- Attends and/or leads internal meetings and client meetings for BD/AD if necessary
- Works with Account Director to facilitate knowledge transfer of internal best practices, move the discipline forward, participate in internal initiatives and process improvements as well as client and marketing initiatives
- May conduct research to identify opportunities for successful lead generation projects and work with management to determine the markets to be targeted for effective prospecting
- May assist with the identification, qualification, and prospecting of potential clients through various lead sources including cold calling, trade-shows, researching via lead generation and prospecting resources, etc
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5-7+ years of overall experience in client facing Account Management, Project Management, or Business Development
- 2+ years experience within a marketing agency environment preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Basic strategic and analytical skills
- General familiarity of Internet applications and technologies
- Sales skills including: identification of prospects, sourcing, and closing deals.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofing skills
- Exceptional presentation skills using Microsoft Office Suite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt