Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
- Problem Solve through the careful application of technology and process
- Write high quality, tested, high-capacity and maintainable software
- Design modern, reliable and reusable systems
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks
- Write technical specifications, run-time instructions, training materials and architecture documentation for Merkle P&LS systems
- Help develop best practices, technology efficiencies, and streamline workflow
- Design data models and write efficient queries in MySQL
- Collaborate in design and code reviews
- Maintain loyalty platforms and contribute to new features and custom client specifications
- Collaborate with wider Merkle Promotions and Loyalty teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems
- Interact with internal and external clients to develop business and technical specification materials
- Significant expertise and depth in developing scalable solutions in Ruby, Rails, and SQL (MySQL)
- Competent with Version Control tools
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 8+ years of Technology Industry experience
- Enterprise class web application experience
- Experience and comfort working within an iterative Agile project management process
- Experience in automated software testing, real-time system integration, database programming, web programming, and cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- JAVA would be a plus
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.