Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 29 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Product Support Engineer will join our lean but rapidly growing team. We have become successful by enabling retailers to identify, acquire, and retain their high value customers. We offer competitive compensation and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth. You will work directly with our Customer Success team to support our clients to increase the use of their Loyalty Implementation. You will solve complex problems that significantly make a difference in the tactical and strategic operations of the Customer Loyalty Program.
NOTE: The position can work onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office or can work remotely anywhere in the US.
- Own and develop the ongoing technical relationship with our existing clients, becoming a trusted technical partner for their Senior technical leadership, engineers, and developers.
- Coordinate any relevant internal resources (e.g. Product, Engineering, DevOps) that may be needed for critical technical escalations in relation to issue/incident resolution, including owning and leading any communication back to the customer.
- Develop deep understanding of the products capabilities and the patterns of use of the platform.
- Assist the Customer Success team as the technical subject matter expert during customer calls and presentations.
- Triage and manage client issues, working to solve them in a timely manner.
- Work with development and product to streamline and improve product, from real world feedback.
- Update and contribute to the internal support knowledgebase (for the benefit of future PSEs).
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a technical customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience is ideal.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to modify style, approach and content to the audience (from developers to CMOs).
- Experience working in a customer facing role with large strategic customers, and directly with Customer Success, DevOps, and Product/Engineering teams.
- Superb problem-solving skills, a passion for finding the root cause of a problem in a large, complex system.
- Calm demeanor in the face of chaos, a gift for reactively handling technically focused customer escalations.
- Experience coordinating internal resources for product updates, issue and incident resolution together with owning and managing any relevant customer communications.
- Extensive experience calling web-based APIs via scripting language (ideally Ruby).
- Capacity to walk through complex code paths in Ruby.
- Extensive experience utilizing Sql for solving problems and adhoc reporting.
- Solid UNIX background and basic networking skills.
- Domain knowledge in eComm and eComm-related platforms a big plus (ESPs, eComm platforms, web analytics, etc.)
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt