Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Business Systems Analyst on our Implementation team is the key liaison between high profile clients and internal teams. This is an extremely visible position, as the Business Systems Analyst drives requirements at multiple levels of detail for the integration and launch of our SAAS-based loyalty marketing platform. The Business Systems Analyst should have a strong attention to detail, as they are entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Interface with the client, third-party vendors, and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle’s Promotions and Loyalty team (Developers, Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Customer Success, C-level executives) to support the solution delivery process.
- Lead solution discovery sessions with the client stakeholders and subject matter experts as a means to illicit solution requirements, both business and functional.
- Synthesize complex and sometimes contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail.
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications (Business and Functional), from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery.
- Profile and understand various client data (e.g. Customer records, Transaction records, Web Activity records) as it relates to stated requirements and solution design.
- Provide input to Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs.
- Serve as the functional point of contact for the solution during Design and Development, working through data and design questions/issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the QA discipline to define and execute a test plan, which will include internal and User Acceptance Testing.
- Lead the delivery of the system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to Merkle's defined standards.
- Maintaining the solution in production, working with end users, and facilitating change requests with the broader team using a defined change management process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3-4 years related work experience and/or training
- General knowledge of automated testing tools, quality assurance best practices, and SQL queries
- Strong attention to detail, process, deadlines, and quality results
- Strong experience in eliciting, defining, analyzing and documenting business and user needs in the form of business, functional, non-funtional requirements, size, complexity, priorities, and risks
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical people
- API and real time functionality experience preferred
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong Project Management and technology skills
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills are essential
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence
- Ability to drive the fit gap analysis
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt