Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Implementation Engineer will join our lean but rapidly growing team. We have become successful by enabling retailers to identify, acquire, and retain their high value customers. We offer competitive compensation and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth. You will work directly with our Customer Success team to support our clients to increase the use of their Loyalty Implementation. You will solve complex problems that significantly make a difference in the tactical and strategic operations of the Customer Loyalty Program. This position can work onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office or can work remotely anywhere in the US.
- Represent Merkle in an ongoing technical relationship with our existing clients, becoming a trusted technical partner for their technical leadership, engineers, and developers.
- Coordinate any relevant internal resources (e.g. Product, Engineering, DevOps) that may be needed for critical technical escalations in relation to issue/incident resolution, including owning and leading any communication back to the customer.
- Develop deep understanding of the products capabilities and the patterns of use of the platform.
- Assist the Implementation team as the technical subject matter expert during customer calls and presentations.
- Triage and manage client issues, working to solve them in a timely manner.
- Work with development and product teams to streamline and improve product, from real world feedback.
- Update and contribute to the internal support knowledge base.
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a technical customer-facing capacity, development team or consulting organization. SaaS experience is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to modify style, approach and content to the audience (from developers to CMOs).
- Experience working in a customer facing role with customers, and directly with Customer Success, DevOps, and Product/Engineering teams.
- Superb problem-solving skills, a passion for finding the root cause of a problem in a large, complex system.
- Calm demeanor in the face of chaos, a gift for reactively handling technically focused customer escalations.
- Experience coordinating internal resources for product updates, issue and incident resolution together with owning and managing any relevant customer communications.
- Extensive experience calling web-based APIs via scripting language (ideally Ruby).
- Capacity to walk through complex code paths in Ruby.
- Extensive experience utilizing SQL for solving problems and adhoc reporting.
- Domain knowledge in eComm and eComm-related platforms a big plus (ESPs, eComm platforms, web analytics, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt