Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle Loyalty Solutions enables CMOs to increase their customers' lifetime value. LoyaltyPlus, -- our SaaS lifecycle marketing suite -- makes it easy to execute loyalty programs and personalized customer retention campaigns. Our clients include Abercrombie & Fitch, Sony, New Balance, and L'Oréal. We were originally a startup named 500friends before being acquired by Merkle, which means that you essentially get to join a startup with the security and stability of an established company. Our platform supports enterprise clients with millions of customers, billions of rows of data, and operates at linear scale with high efficiency! This position can work onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office or can work remotely anywhere in the US.
We are looking for software engineers who take pride in their work, are eager to learn, and are open to sharing. We follow agile methodologies and are always looking to get better. As part of our engineering team, you will play a key role in shaping the direction of our product and platform. You’ll have a say in deciding things like system architecture, interface design, and technologies to implement. We aim to build systems that are performant, scalable, secure, and maintainable.
Some of the things you can expect to work on include:
- Optimizing code with an eye toward scaling beyond 30,000+ requests per minute
- Discussing, designing, and developing the architecture needed for new features
- Expanding our analytics platform to take advantage of our rich dataset
- Supporting well-known clients and brands on a global scale
- Providing feedback on pull requests from your peers and hitting that merge button
We are looking for candidates that:
- Have good communication and writing skills
- Are open to giving and receiving feedback
- Are eager to continually improve
- BA/BS Computer Science, Information Technology, or related required
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- 5+ years of experience designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems
- Experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining, or machine learning a plus
- Experience with Elixir/Phoenix a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt