HelloWorld is a digital marketing solutions company working with the world’s leading brands. We build promotional campaigns to spark interest, loyalty programs to retain and reward, and mobile messaging platforms to continue the conversation. Our technology is behind global campaigns for clients such as Coca-Cola, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks.
What's even better? Merkle recently acquired HelloWorld! Joining forces creates a true industry leader in people-based marketing, enabling expanded capability in promotional and loyalty solutions, CRM, digital customer experience, and strategy.
The Senior Software Engineer plays a leadership role in all aspects of HelloWorld software projects. Contribute to business requirements gathering, uses case development, technical specification analysis, system design and software architecture. They are responsible for writing code, testing, launching and providing support for large development projects. Senior Software Engineers interact directly with internal and external clients to help brainstorm and create technical solutions to business problems. They lead small technical teams through delivery, create system and unit tests, and bring significant technical depth and creativity to projects.
- Solve global HelloWorld problems through the careful application of technology and process.
- Write quality, tested, high-capacity, and maintainable software.
- Design modern, reliable, and reusable systems.
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Write technical specifications, runtime instructions, training materials, and architecture documentation for HelloWorld systems.
- Help develop best practices and technology efficiencies to streamline work flow.
- Collaborate with multiple HelloWorld teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems.
- Maintain pre-existing codebase to further the development direction of HelloWorld.
- 5+ years of development experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and debugging Node.js in a large-scale production environment preferred
- General web-related technology such as HTML, XML, HTTP, TLS, TCP/IP, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis
- Experience with MySQL (and NoSQL platforms like Redis)
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have experience with Java, PHP, and/or Python
- May have experience with Apache, Squid, HAProxy, or Akamai
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.