NOTE: This position is a joint venture between HelloWorld and our parent company Merkle Inc. working within our Loyalty Solutions Group. The position will be located onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office, or could work remotely.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Solutions Architect will play a critical role in managing the on-boarding of new customers as well as facilitating the roll-out of complex technical features for existing customers. As one of the main points of contact for our most strategic accounts, this is a highly visible role with significant ownership. This person will have considerable influence on the future of our product by acting as the voice for their clients.
NOTE: This position is a joint venture between Merkle and HelloWorld, working with our Loyalty Solutions Group. It is onsite in our Metro Detroit Based office.
- Design and lead the implementation & deployments of Enterprise Architecture and retain ownership for the overall application architecture and technical delivery of our cloud based SAAS platform for sophisticated, multi-channel, enterprise customers. (25%)
- Consult with solution architects, IT Services and delivery teams, aligning solution designs to the defined future state, identify opportunities to modify/mature the architecture to accommodate changes across multiple technical projects and/or implementations simultaneously (5%)
- Lead alignment and governance across the various architectural domains and internal cross-functional teams including Engineering, Client Success, Strategy and Product Management. Advise leadership about industry best practices, trends, and technology, influencing the overall IT strategy (25%)
- Establish and document the technical goals, strategy and deep-dive technical capability appropriate to mitigate unknowns in a complex interconnected projects or system by working closely with Lead technical resources from client teams and manage external technical vendor relationships on the client's behalf (25%)
- Identify and provide documentation and recommendations for mitigation and resolve technical challenges of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed systems, solutions, development, designs, plans and timelines faced throughout deployment process (10%)
- Perform technical architecture, system analysis, and requirements analysis to determine project requirements to ensure projects are clearly scoped, architected, tested, delivered on time, and positioned for long-term success (10%)
You have an technical background and have been client-facing for the past few years. You have done considerable integration and API work. You enjoy and have the patience for working with non-technical people. You’re ready and excited to take on complete ownership of client engagements.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related technical field required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in delivery and implementation high transaction SaaS Loyalty Platforms
- 7+ years of Software Development Experience
- Demonstrated experience in technically leading enterprise software development projects
- Strong analysis skills, ability to evaluate customer requirements and modify existing solution
- Experience in developing UML Sequence and ERD documentation techniques to communicate complex integrations
- Experience in integrating systems using RESTful and SOAP based Web Services, HTTP
- Strong Experience in integrating systems using data feeds and flat files utilizing XML, fixed and delimited formats
- Expert level in Ruby, .Net and or Java development
- Expert level in Scrum and Waterfall project management
- Experience in estimating and planning given limited information
- Experience in sizing and architecting Amazon Web Services, SaaS delivered Solutions
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Experience in marketing email management with cloud email vendors like Oracle Responsys, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Experian, Adobe Campaign.
- Experience in integrating with CRM systems
- Experience in integrating with Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Experience in SQL data modeling, data loading and data analysis; strong RDBMS (MySql, SqlServer or similar) and analytical databases, like Amazon Redshift
- Track record of ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Domain knowledge in eCommerce and Loyalty marketing
- Experience in understanding fundamentals in data security (GDPR)
- Ability to understand complexity and communicate in a meaningful manner to our clients
- Ability to architect complete solutions for our clients, incorporating integrations from clients and 3rd party systems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.