HelloWorld is a digital marketing solutions company working with the world’s leading brands. We build promotional campaigns to spark interest, loyalty programs to retain and reward, and mobile messaging platforms to continue the conversation. Our technology is behind global campaigns for clients such as Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks. What's even better? Merkle recently acquired HelloWorld! Joining forces creates a true industry leader in people-based marketing, enabling expanded capability in promotional and loyalty solutions, CRM, digital customer experience, and strategy.
NOTE: This position is with HelloWorld, a Merkle Company, located in Southfield, MI.
The Business Intelligence Developer (BI-Dev) is responsible for designing and creating data visualizations by collaborating with Client Management and Development Teams to determine reporting needs and data requirements which play a major role in Client Analytics, Enterprise Analytics and Dash-boarding. The Business Intelligence Developer is an excellent communicator responsible for aggregating data from multiple sources and presenting data visualizations to a variety of audiences ranging from internal financial clients, engineering leads and external Clients.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. PowerBI).
- Conduct system testing and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and automate, test and maintain solutions.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct data analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions.
- Crafting and executing queries upon request for data.
- Presenting information through reports and visualization.
- Participate in the creation and support of development standards and best practices.
- Help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on data to build reporting solutions to support various client and enterprise initiatives.
- Create training materials to guide business users on how to use dashboards.
- Support project development life cycles through data modeling, reporting and analytics.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist.
- 5+ years of Industry and BI experience.
- 2+ years of Agile Development best practices.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI, Tableau).
- Knowledge of ETL processes and designs.
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or equivalent.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support / enhance BI landscape components.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or relevant field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.pe