Technology - Detroit (HQ)
HelloWorld Software Engineers will write code, test, launch and support large development projects. At times they may interact directly with internal and external clients to help brainstorm and create technical solutions to business problems.
Description and Responsibilities
- Solve global HelloWorld problems through the careful application of technology and process.
- Write high quality, tested, high capacity, and maintainable software.
- Design modern, reliable, and reusable systems.
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Write technical specifications, runtime instructions, training materials, and architecture documentation for HelloWorld systems.
- Help develop best practices and technology efficiencies. Streamline work flow.
- Collaborate with all HelloWorld teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of professional programming experience
- General web related technology awareness of HTML, XML, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- May have experience with C++, Objective C, Python, or Flash/ActionScript
- May have experience with Apache, Squid, HAProxy, or Akamai
- May have experience with Linux systems administration
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.