Senior Data Analyst
Strategy & Insights - Detroit (HQ)
The Senior Data Analyst will take the lead on client-level analytics programs, combining planning, coordination, and execution of ad hoc and ongoing analytics that support client needs for visibility, insight and program optimization. They will coordinate their efforts between internal HW stakeholders, clients, and other stakeholders to identify client opportunities, address and formalize questions, assess data needs to address those questions and opportunities, and help sell those solutions. They will lead and/or execute those analyses, managing through challenges to interpret the data and deliver well-framed insights and recommendations that help access those opportunities or answer those questions. They will also work closely with business leaders to proactively identify ways in which we can grow accounts and drive future business opportunities.
Description and Responsibilities
- Take the lead on program measurement for particular clients.
- Execute analytics efforts for those and other clients, as needed.
- Collaborate with HelloWorld Strategy, BI and Sales teams to create and deliver reporting and supporting insights on program performance from both a financial and customer perspective.
- Build learning and measurement plans to establish program analytics goals, and roadmaps to achieve those goals.
- Define data requirements and collaborate with program management and producers to ensure proper data collection and plan/roadmap the analysis.
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Produce charts, graphs, tables, and write narrative descriptions based on the data.
- Develop client facing presentations of analytics work that integrate findings, conclusions, actionable insights, and recommendations.
- Create and establish trend analysis while maintaining historical data for comparative analysis.
- Develop and/or support operational reports, dashboards, and scorecards for internal and external clients.
- Apply statistical concepts and techniques to design, execute and analyze in-market experiments around user behavior.
- Provide measurement and analytics strategy for new business pitches and assist with RFP’s.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- 5-10 years of related analytics and business intelligence experience.
- B.S. in STEM discipline, Economics, Business Analytics or Finance preferred, or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Ability to write and extract data using SQL queries is required.
- Expert Excel Skills. Experience with analysis software such as R, SPSS, SAS or equivalent.
- Ability to integrate data and findings from different sources into cogent insights and recommendations.
- Knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem and fluency with common web technologies.
- Familiarity with offer testing and experimental design.
- Experience with Power BI or other data visualization tools preferred.
- Experience storyteller with success selling ideas to management and making convincing arguments based on insights extracted from the data.
- Strong organizational skills: task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification/mitigation.
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.