Front End Web Developer
Technology - Detroit (HQ)
HelloWorld Front End Web Developers act as a “final checkpoint” before Quality Assurance for projects, working with the rest of their team to make sure the site functions correctly, meets design specifications and achieves client goals. They use these and other technologies that lie between creative front-ends and technical back-ends. They bridge designs with our technical back-ends by integrating designs with working web applications.
Description and Responsibilities
- Build site frameworks / skin entire sites
- Use responsive web design to craft sites which provide optimal viewing, interaction experience and readability
- Collaborate with multiple team members to make sure the work functions correctly, meets design specifications and achieves client goals.
- Develop innovative internal solutions to proactively meet the needs of our clients, communicate with Project Managers, Software Engineers, and other Creative Team members throughout the workday.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and document browser/platform compatibility issues and standards.
- Work with offshore developers to ensure project delivery.
- Ensure that end users enjoy a cohesive, logical, and intuitive experience.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- 3-5+ years of experience in professional Web Development
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Responsive design development experience (RWD)
- Proficient Adobe Photoshop skills
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands
- Experience with mobile development is a plus
- Excellent organizational/time management, planning/prioritization skills and troubleshooting skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofing skills
- Professional manner and approach in working with a team