Client Finance Lead
Finance - Detroit (HQ)
Acts as the financial business partner to the Sales Team. Responsible for client related finance matters on a portfolio of clients, including compensation/contracts, client profitability reporting and analysis, annual planning & monthly forecast, monthly revenue recognition and reporting for client financial issues. The Client Finance Lead highlights and manages key financial issues and minimizes risks that may affect profitability or cash flow.
Description and Responsibilities
- Client Profitability - Provides Account Directors and Client Leaders with analysis of key client P&L issues. Partners with Leadership Team to develop strategies to drive client profitability.
- Forecast/Planning - In partnership with Client Leadership Team develops annual client plan in alignment with Company strategy and targets. Reviews monthly forecast to ensure it reflects changes in plan.
- Close Process - Reviews monthly journal entries to ensure proper revenue, third party project expense and WIP recognition. Reviews variance analysis and ensures appropriate follow-up.
- Proposal Management - Reviews pricing proposals and acts as an advisor on pricing strategy. Ensures delivery teams have reviewed proposals and provided appropriate estimates. Reviews estimates against actualized agreements to identify potential risks prior to agreement signature. Assists in developing financial terms for client contracts.
- Contract Management - Provide ongoing reporting of contract performance including Company’s ability to invoice, actual costs incurred versus estimates and updated projections of delivery resourcing. Proactively identify and resolve financial issues, escalating as necessary. Mitigate financial risks and provide insight of financial implications of contract changes.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- 5-7+ years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivation to work independently
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Partner with and influence Sales teams