Associate Director, Client Solutions
Business Development - Detroit (HQ)
Description and Responsibilities
The Associate Director, Client Solutions will proactively implement best practices for project management while tracking achievement of milestones, spending against budget, quality of deliverables, risk assessment, and management of scope. The Associate Director will establish requirements methodologies, project management methodologies, and will help build and retain a growing world-class project management team. The Associate Director is also responsible for providing project management support on new and on-going projects, interacting with clients, driving continuous improvement, and ensuring performance optimization on all projects and programs.
- Supervising/leading/mentoring up to 8 direct reports.
- Building a shared vision for the Client Solutions Team and inspiring the team to act consistently within the vision.
- Developing systems and processes necessary for the tracking, planning and execution of projects.
- Reviewing and approving project plans created by Project Managers/Producers on large, custom programs.
- Analyze trends, develop and maintain a program for organizational learning and sharing of experiences, both internally and externally.
- Analyzing short- and long-term resource needs.
- Ensuring completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines.
- Analyzing and resolving issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Analyzing financial and operational reports.
- Recommending and implementing new systems and processes, and improvements to Production.
- Developing consistent metrics for measuring project success and team performance.
- Ensuring knowledge is shared with resources and promote team learning across projects.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- 6-8 years of experience in marketing program/project management, with an emphasis on web-based marketing programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Able to translate technical requirements to marketing and non-technical partners
- Organized, extremely detail oriented and able to balance multiple priorities
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Able to build strong teams and effectively grow and develop team members and direct reports
- Able to build strong, resilient relationships with clients and be viewed as a partner
- Experience managing project teams and leading creative direction
- Client management experience
- MS Project proficiency preferred
- Account Management experience in an agency setting and/or experience working with agencies on the client side of the business is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree