Finance - Detroit (HQ)
The HelloWorld Accountant will work as part of the financial team and share responsibility for payables and receivables. This includes general ledger coding, inputting invoices to accounting system, writing checks and posting payments to customer accounts.
Description and Responsibilities
- Apply payments to customer accounts.
- Monitor and assist in collection of outstanding invoices.
- Manage vendor invoices and maintain accounts payable process.
- Process weekly check runs, refunds, returned checks and bad debt.
- Prepare general journal entries for AP and AR areas.
- Assist with bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with month end close and annual audit processes.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with internal and external client team
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS Word and NetSuite (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field